Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Welcome 2008!



That would be Jen and I last night at Duce part way through one helluva good meal. Duce is this neat little bar/restaurant that Jen loves where we decided to spend our new year having a fanstatic meal with some great company. Said company would be Greg and Matty, the two fabulous bartenders who were helpfully plying us with liquor the night before when we went there for dinner and to scope out plans for the next evening.

The dinner? Absolutely fabulous. I think I might have gotten drunk on good food because by the time they served the Aji Chocolate cake at the end of the meal I was ready to throw in the towel I was so over the edge. Seriously good food, good bottle of champagne and excellent company (although I was a little sad Greg couldn't spend more time with us....of course....just like me to crush on a bartender in another country!)

It's been a fun week here in Texas. I've tried to spend it helping but may have spent more of it getting in the way. Jen lives in a cute little house in Fort Worth and of course my favourite room is the studio. Bright open well lit room devoted entirely to creativity. Love this. We put a few things together that will probably end up on the Luxe blog but that I love and am quite proud of myself for creating.

Tomorrow it's home again. A couple of errands on the way from the airport and then it's home to clean up my room (I distinctly recall the chaos I left there when I rushed out on Wednesday last week) and then prep to go back to work. As much as I am looking forward to getting back on a schedule, I'm kind of sad to say goodbye to my holidays. But that's alright, 2008 is going to be an awesome year!

To all my friends, Happy New Year!

No comments: