Friday, January 11, 2008

Productive


A friend of mine announced she was pregnant on Monday. Like, really pregnant. She's five months along. She was waiting because she was on the line for a promotion and wanted to wait until the powers that be made a decision. So I decided I wanted to make her a cute little album. Not for the baby, but for her. That would be the front right up there.

One of my resolutions this year was to start considering sending my stuff out for publishing. I was all gung ho about it about three years ago and got rejected repeatedly. I kind of just gave up and left it behind. My new found confidence is thanks to my good friends at Luxe and their incredible support of my projects. (That's my stuff featured on today's blog...) It's not like I'm going to be all "MUST BE PUBLISHED" it's just a case of, if I see something, I'm going to consider putting something together for it. Like today, I got an email from Maya Road with an open call for projects using their products. I'm going to submit that and another little album I'm working on.

Also aiding in the productivity was my accomplishment this evening of getting through my to-do list. I started taking a cake decorating class at Michaels and had to make about 8 cups of icing for it. Got through it quickly this evening and also managed to clean up in the basement (been meaning to pack up a few more of my things I've accumulated). Also did some cleaning and now I'm ready to do nothing but what I want all weekend.

Productivity is a good feeling.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Cool album... and way to go on submitting!