Monday, June 30, 2008

Non-stop weekend

This year Canada Day is on a Tuesday so that means a day off sort of in the middle of the week. So what I did was take Monday and Wednesday off. Monday so I could stay here in London and Wednesday so I could see my niece play baseball.

I ventured out to the scrapbook store on Saturday so I could stock up on some cardstock. I've running low on double sheets (I like to use it as my "base" on my layouts and then put the patterned paper on top) and needed to get a few. Also picked up a few other things to play with as well. I'm looking forward to seeing all the new stuff at CHA later in July.

Also took the girls to see WALL-E. GREAT movie. Loved every minute of it. I was laughing so hard at the Pixar short at the beginning of the movie and my niece looked at me and shook her head. That's the thing I love about those movies....that they incorporate good stuff for adults too. But the message was good and my nieces are quite impressionable.

The bad part about the weekend is that we have had overcast or cloudy days every day. Friday night we had a big storm so that meant a little moppet in bed with me at 4 am because she was scared. Saturday night was another 4 am visit but this time for a stuffy nose. Which was dealt with (my sister and her husband took a weekend away for themselves...much needed in a busy marriage and parenting schedule!)

I had a nice visit with a new person on Saturday night and for all my worry about what to talk about and what to say...that wasn't really a worry. We had a great conversation and I'm looking forward to seeing him again. I love getting to know a new person but I hate the worry and shyness and wondering if you've said the right thing or not. He might be joining me at the fireworks on Tuesday night.

Today, with more grey skies, we're probably taking a trip over to this clothing store to check it out (my sister went on Friday and found some neat stuff) and also to get some Canada Day stuff to decorate bikes for the big parade. Hopefully it will clear up a bit so we can take a dip in the pool. Otherwise we'll be hanging out so I can read one of my new books (Ecoholic and My Sister's Keeper) and just hang out and chill out.

No comments: