Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Detoxify

Ok so detox is going alright so far. It's been a stressful few days at work and not having caffeine has definitely hit me hard. Monday was extra stressful and I got the lovely withdrawal headache somewhere around 10 a.m. That was really pleasant...except not.

Other than the caffeine withdrawal and the intense desire to have bread, it's going well. If I can remember to drink my lake full of water, I'd be laughing. I'm having trouble choking that back down. Added to that, the waking up at all hours of the night as a result of the water is not pleasant.

What I don't get though, is how it is that your body gets all weird when you're taking OUT the things that are bad for you. Like fats and caffeine and alcohol and sugar and white flour. Why is it that your body gets all wrangy on you? That part I don't understand.

Today though, I woke up with lots of energy. A by product of the detoxification process. My body isn't sluggish from all the extra stuff. Finding stuff to eat though is kind of difficult. I miss my mid-morning yogurt. And my lunches that used to be easy to prepare. Now it's tuna. Or cottage cheese. Or cottage cheese and tuna. Today I broke down and just had another bowl of high protein cereal and soy milk. I'm hoping it gets a little easier as I get into next week.

I was going to do this for seven days but decided to do the full 10. That should clean out my system quite well and when I'm done I can start to re-add some of the good stuff. Like yogurts and fat free milk. I'll take it easy on the caffeine and go back to drinking green tea and this new white tea I bought. Fingers crossed.

Tomorrow will be hard though...we're finally going to see Sex and the City and I adore movie popcorn. I think I should be ok though. I'll have my trusty bottle of water.

No comments: