Saturday, June 14, 2008

Changes. Rest. Love.

This week has been challenging. Three fourteen hour days that started at 6 a.m. and then a drive through Michigan to come home for the weekend. I also had to have a difficult discussion with my director that reminded me that while I can think things through (and sometimes over think them) I tend to not really be able to express my thoughts in words (something that is surprising since I'm technically a "writer" in my job). He understood though and we were able to have a very interesting discussion about some things. I like that I can talk to my director like that and with all the stress this week, even with everything going on, we were able to express our displeasure at other stuff effectively and still be on a professional level. If that makes sense. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I really love my job and it's been great since last August. Even with all the challenges, I am very fortunate.

The hard part about all the long days this week was the lack of sleep. Monday night we had a huge storm so the pressure outside caused my head to go crazy and I woke up at 4 a.m. with a massive headache that just wouldn't abate no matter what I did. Tuesday I ended up really sleepy. Then Tuesday and Wednesday night's meetings caused me to go home tired, but I ended up laying awake thinking about work causing lack of sleep. I took yesterday afternoon off but had to make a few runs to a couple of stores in Michigan so crossing both border crossings (Detroit and Sarnia) was frustrating. I was able to sleep a bit this morning (even though I had one monster crawl into bed with me at 4:45 a.m.) which was much nicer than having to drag myself out of bed at 6 a.m.

Now I'm spending time with my lovees. My youngest niece always manages to make me laugh with the thoughts that go through her head. Last night she was explaining what song she was going to have in her "cellaphone" when she gets big (my phone ring is Rihanna's Umbrella) and also this morning when my sister talked about wanting to win the lottery she said then they could buy the White House and live in it. My sister explained to her she has to be president to live there, my neice, undeterred, answered "but you already are president".

No comments: