Sunday, December 09, 2007

Junk in my trunk

I have had one of the busiest weekends of my life, which is surprising since I spent a great deal of time on the couch, or at least I think I did. I also understand why I end up sick...

I went up early because I had an appointment with my doctor in London. I haven't given up my "family doctor" back home because of the shortage of doctors in this province but also because I really like this doctor and he knows me, he knows my history, he knows what works and what doesn't and I'm not about to go and set up that history and rapport with another doctor. It was a nice visit though, we got to catch up and I was able to ask a few questions and find out that some of my worries were for naught. And it was nice to see him so much more positive since the last time I saw him. He's changing his practice and he's hoping it will help him with his patient load.

It was a professional development day for the schools so my nieces were off. I had agreed to look after them. They were with my cousin while I was at the doctor so I went and met her at the mall because that's where they wanted to go. After a nice filling lunch of fries (oh man) we looked around and then went home. I was of course exhausted because I had also had a tetanus shot at the doctor and that just wiped me out. Didn't stop us though. We then went to my mom's house to go for a swim in the complex's indoor pool and after two hours of that and then dinner, we were ready to come home.

Saturday it was go go go again. Errands, things to do, places to go...exhausting again. The kids stayed up to watch Home Alone while I was making some christmas cookies. I taught my niece the saying "junk in the trunk". She thought this was the most hilarious thing she had ever heard. I thought her reaction was one of the funniest things I had ever seen. Until she positioned herself under the Christmas tree and told us all she was a new puppy waiting for Christmas morning. Good times.

After about four hours sleep last night I got up and finished up my cookies and then went to Costco with my brother in law to get a gift. I headed home shortly after that. I was welcomed back to town with icy rain and frozen over driveways. Fun.

I'm actually looking forward to going back to work. I might get back on a schedule!

No comments: