Monday, December 17, 2007

Definitely worth the snow conditions




I have to say, right up front, aside from the substance abuse problems....Nicole Kidman is one lucky woman. While I'm sure her relationship with her husband isn't all roses and candlelit serenades etc....getting to be married to Keith Urban...is a gig I could go for.

I stayed in London last night to go to the last concert of his tour. It was my gift to my sister, she likes him, I've really only heard a couple of his songs in passing and boy was I glad I stayed to go. At one point, on the way to the show my sister said she wouldn't be disappointed if I decided we should turn around. We had a huge snow storm that day and the roads were pretty bad. I told her to do what she thought necessary....she pushed on. Really glad we did.

Urban is an incredible performer...he puts on an amazing show. I can't even quite put it into words...I would have paid $150 for the tickets it was so good. I'm sure others will argue that there are other great bands that put on great shows (I won't argue that U2 is a good show, because dudes, it's Bono!) but he is the best I've seen so far. I managed to get some awesome seats...we were about 13 rows up from the floor so we were above it and could see everything. He has a stage that comes out in a walkway to a circular "in the round" stage in the middle of the floor. He spent a great deal of time walking out into the audience that way. At one point he yelled at security to let people in the section across from us come down to shake his hand. And he made the show so personal by changing words to his songs like "Raining on Sunday" to "Snowing on Sunday" and also adding "wishing I had a snow plow". He's just so great and we had such an awesome time.

I do realize I need a better camera...for some odd reason the photos kept coming out fuzzy in no flash mode...and he's such a nimble little sprite that he kept moving!!! But definitely a great show.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Sounds like you've been officially "Urbanized" I have seen Keith over 30 times in concert since 2003 and he never fails to amaze me with his enormous talent and the pure joy he radiates every time he steps onto a stage.

Anonymous said...

I've seen a lot of concerts and Keith Urban is by far the BEST! I never need a seat really when at his shows....I stand and sing and dance the whole show!! He is truly the best entertainer I've ever seen! I happened to be at another show in 2004 and Keith was opening and I was like, man, this guy needs to be the headliner! Glad you & your sister had a wonderful time!