Tuesday, July 08, 2008

My body hates me

I wake up to a nice round number on the scale and of course, my body fights back. I went to the gym yesterday and last night I spent several hours tossing and turning because my knees and elbows were hurting from my workout.

Then of course today, my body decides to fight back at the diet I've been rocking. It's not like I'm eating anything weird, I've cut out sugar, flour, certain dairy products and other bad for you stuff like caffeine and alcohol. Instead I eat protein with all meals that consist of fruits and vegetables rather than really heavy starchy foods and fatty carbohydrates.

For some odd reason though, my body doesn't handle soy milk all that well. So what happens is I get really bad abdominal pain. As my coworker said to me, you must have been feeling rough because you ran out of here so fast this morning. (I left work sick). So now it's back to milk instead of soy milk and also adding a few other wheat products in to sort of level it off. Lots of fruits and vegetables too.

No comments: