Saturday, July 12, 2008

A dog's life

Bauer, my cousin's golden retriever is coming for a visit today. Let's hope this perks Benny up a bit. He's a strange dog. Has serious separation anxiety with his "people". I'm wondering if it's a poodle trait (he's a cocker poodle cross) or if it's just a dog trait. This morning while vacuuming I noticed a spot on the living room carpet from his "anxiety". Not to mention the whole not eating for a day thing on Wednesday and the constant downer mentality. Cheer up beast!

I went to get my NEXUS card last night. That was hilarious. And I'm not just talking about the actual photo (which is horrible by the way...sigh...). I was asked if I had ever been arrested. Except the noise in the trailer made it sound like "a resident". So I kept saying "yes, in Windsor and London". She looked at me like I was nuts. No wonder...no I've never been arrested.

Made a little stop at The Scrapbook Zone. I'm looking for something to hold my scraps but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. So I'm going to make do with what I have. I did pick up some cool Heidi Swapp stuff I want to try. I'm actually in the mood to create which hasn't happened in a while. Also went to Ikea to get another shelf piece. I have the ivar shelving unit and I bought another side and two cabinet doors. This way I have all my craft (and my aunt's scrap stuff she WILL use eventually--she's coming over to the dark side whether she likes it or not) stuff organized in one place.

I have to get organized for my weekend retreat with my sisters in two weeks. We're going to this bed and breakfast type place that specializes in crafters. It's a whole weekend of creating. I know what I'm going to work on...believe it or not, Christmas cards and a few little ornament things I thought about when I was opening all my Maya Road stuff. Can't wait to work on those.

I had hoped to get to the gym this morning but after cleaning and organizing some other stuff (I like to do that stuff when I'm home alone) until 11 p.m. last night I decided to sleep in. And my gym is only open until noon on Saturday and Sunday. So instead I'm taking a day off. I did something to upset my tailbone the other day at the gym so sitting on the bike and walking on the treadmill have been a little uncomfortable. Add the sitting on the weight machines to that and it's sheer torture. So break it is! I managed to get there three times this week so I'm doing pretty good. We'll see what the scale has to say. My extra five pounds last week someone ended up BACK on the scale but I'm blaming the water weight from working out on that. My clothes are still fitting the way they were last week so we're good.

No comments: