Sunday, March 16, 2008

Fun



That would be the interior of
Splash Universe Dundee, MI where we took the four girls for three days this week.

My nieces spent three days with me for their March Break and since my cousin's two girls were coming down to spend the week with their grandparents (my aunt and uncle) we decided to do something fun with the four of them. Hence the three days in a water park.

I took the whole week off this year not only to burn up some vacation I probably won't get a chance to use this year and also to just take a break and relax before what is going to be two to three months of craziness at work.

The hotel was alright. I was kind of disappointed in Holiday Inn and their "misrepresentation" of the prices. They advertised a $75 off on the suite and then when you went to book it by phone (the only way to get the deal) the price was $225. If you booked it online it was actually $199. Hardly a deal. We ended up staying in a regular room and the girls had a great time. The hotel had the indoor pool and then the waterpark attached to it and then an arcade that they spent a great deal of time in. I loved seeing them having so much fun. My youngest niece loved that she could have donuts for breakfast (complimentary breakfast that had unripened bananas as the only fruit...nice).

I'm sort of not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow but only because I don't want to get up early and have to spent the day trapped at a desk. I joined the fitness club of the new community centre they built in town so I'm going to go back to the gym as it were. I also start my last cake class this week and with easter on the weekend, it's two weeks of four days only. I guess I shouldn't really complain...

No comments: