Sunday, July 08, 2007

I've been really happy this week, for the first time in a really long time. No idea why, my horoscope thinks it's something to do with Saturn in my sign or something like that. I just like to think that it's been hiding under the surface for a while. Or maybe it's just a few new things I've learned in the last two weeks.


Whatever the reason, I decided to just say screw it and headed over to Ikea with my aunt on Friday night. I've been trying to not spend money but decided that needing a new jar for ribbons and wanting to look at a few pretty things was definitely worth it. I picked up a new large jar for ribbons and two smaller ones for loose ribbons. Sounds corny I know but they're just so cute. I also picked up a neat little tray thingie to put all my paints and other glue/paint/etc. type products in on my shelves. I like to have interesting organization things.


I also went and got a long needed hair cut on Saturday. I went back in April for a new haircut. I have this thing with my hair. I want it to be long but have realized that if I want it long, I have to have it cut into a style otherwise it becomes unmanageable. I had really neat colour blocking done the last time but I didn't like how it faded out. In addition, because my natural hair colour is so dark, it's awful when the roots start showing. So I went back in and got it done again only this time I went for all over colour of a darker brown. The cut itself is so awesome. How he managed to get my hair to stay poofy ALL DAY with minimal product is beyond me.


Not the greatest picture, no makeup really shows but it's still a good capture of the new hair.
I was also able to do some cards this weekend too. Problem is I always make like 8 of the same card so I didn't really get a whole lot done. But it was a nice weekend all the same. I'm looking forward to working some more next weekend. And of course Chicago the weekend after to check out CHA and hang with the Luxe crew.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Your hair looks fab... and now I think I might HAVE to pay a visit to Ikea later tonight. Mmmmmm... meatballs. And Ikea goodies too!