Thursday, December 21, 2006

I'll be home for Christmas

I'm procrastinating.

No really. It's a typical thing that I seem to be famous for.

I had a list of things I needed to do this week. Finish shopping (check), do a load of laundry (check), clean the bathroom (check), pick up last minute items (check), pack (che...oh wait a minute).

I am procrastinating.

I have just spent the last hour doing absolutely everything I could find BUT pack.

You would think that I would want to get things done so I can sit back and relax and enjoy my evening. But nooooo.

Hmm, maybe I should go get gas tonight instead of tomorrow.

NO! PACK YOUR DAMN SUITCASE!

UPDATE: Ok so I'm packed. And the last hour or so I've been sitting here kind of feeling weird. Not that I'm not looking forward to my vacation, or being with my sister and brother in law and her kids, just that...well, let's just say that it hasn't been a really easy couple of months. And without going into detail, there have been a few things going on the last little while that have really been screwing with me. And it sort of culminated in a bit of a breakdown a couple of weeks ago. Not that I'm trying to be ambiguous, it's just that putting that karma out there isn't worth having it come back and bite me in the ass. Because while I should be enjoying the time off, there are little nagging things that bother me. And there are things that just continue to go on in my family that make me angry and sad at the same time. And I'm not looking forward to that drama. Added to that, being away from my "stuff" for a week and a half isn't all that great either. I'm afraid I'll forget something, or I'll need something, or there will be something that happens etc. It's just...complicated. For now, I'll just put it out of my mind, think about how much fun it is going to be to see my niece's faces on Christmas morning, and also the fun I'll have with my sister and remember that there is nothing too great that I can't bear.

No comments: