Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The Christmas Rush is Through

I have this Carpenters song running through my head today and it's making me a little bit crazy.

Speaking of crazy, the holidays are over. Which is sad to me, because it always seems to go by so fast. This year was no exception. It's like rush rush rush from December 1 to the 25th and then suddenly it's back to reality.

My niece however, got up this morning and told me it was Christmas all over again and wanted to know where her presents were. Sigh. What a kid.

Christmas is always a fun holiday in my family because we all get a little nuts. No matter how old we are, we're still a loud and rambunctious crew who make merry and cause trouble. Think about it, four kids, with two spouses, two kids and a parent. Sitting in a room where you spend several hours opening oodles of presents and going crazy over what you got them (or vice versa). It was fun. And my brother, I have to say, was the funniest with his "woo hooing" over the socks, the coffee maker, and the shirts with a new tie. You know you're old when.

As expected, the kids were up at seven thirty, just chomping at the bit to open gifts and see what Santa brought them. It was pretty much over by eleven after we had eaten, opened a few presents from each other, and just enjoyed the morning together. My sister and I decided to forgoe the mall today and just veg out and enjoy the day. My youngest niece has developed a bit of a chest cold and had been up most of the night last night.

Hopefully everyone else had a good day and enjoyed the time with family or friends (or both) and that you all got what was wished for.

No comments: