Saturday, August 02, 2008

Paradise

I'm leaving what I call "paradise" today for another kind of paradise tonight. I've spent a week at my cousin's place just lounging, hanging out and doing close to nothing. She has a pool, a hot tub, and loves to be the hostess. Which I am not just sucking up, I swear! Staying with her and her family is fun because it's a different kind of life. The kind where teenage boys run in and out asking for food, clean clothes, money, rides to parties and the like. The kind where her husband is in and out needing clean clothes, food, and directions. The kind where the phone rings non stop and my cousin has about two hours to herself in the afternoon (which she spends trimming plants and cleaning up the backyard no less).

We have still managed to have fun. We have lounged by the pool. We have gotten some sun (hilariously enough I have a tan except for the burn right at the edge of my bikini top line where the sunscreen DIDN'T hit) and we've had a really great week together. She's kind of like a big sister in that she just welcomes me into her home and we spend the time laughing and just enjoying each other. It's been really nice.

Tonight it's off to my friends' place in Toronto for two days with them. I haven't been up to their place since last December. Annette and Mary are the kind of friends every girl needs. The kind that you can sit and laugh with, who can make fun of you without it being bad, and who will talk about everything under the sun and still make sense. I've missed hanging out with them. Who knows what adventures we'll get into in the big city but I'm looking forward to it all the same.

Like I said, paradise. In more ways than one.

No comments: