Friday, February 29, 2008

Out of sight

The last two weeks has been a bit of a blur. After that snow storm I made my venture over to the states. What should have taken me about two hours ended up taking me almost four. It took me two hours alone to cross the border! This is odd since I live about 25 minutes from I-75 with no line ups. Waiting on the bridge all that time was not fun. From there I went home and made my three batches of royal icing and one batch of colour flow icing for a class that ended up getting cancelled (fun) and then came this week.

This week I had to be in Toronto for three days which meant four days of travelling, three nights in two separate hotels and if you factor in two snow storms, a class I had to attend and a delayed train...it was not a fun week.

Although...it got me thinking...I was surrounded by some really annoying people. Several of them on the packed trains I had to endure...others just out and about. What made me wonder was...am I as annoying as they are? I haven't heard from a couple of my friends in the last few weeks...friends that I normally talk to regularly and suddenly I find, I haven't talked to them. Now really, I could just email them and say "hey what's up" but I'm all paranoid that maybe I've annoyed them. I'll continue to stew about this for a while.

The best part of my week though? The kids! I visited with my cousins yesterday and got to spend time with their little guy. He is hilarious. Funniest parts? How he growls back at you or when he climbed into and then out of a basket of toys (and got stuck in the process) in order to get a toy on the other side of the basket. Funny because he could have just crawled around the basket rather than go through it. And of course my youngest niece meeting me at the train station tonight and being so bored waiting there that she actually looked past me when I came up and hugged her. Oh, hi, I'm happy to see you....stranger!

No comments: