Sunday, November 04, 2007

Running on empty

This week has been a "week" and I'm ready to just toddle off to bed. Yes, I know it's only 7:30 but I'm spent. I've been up and down the highway three times this week and now I'm just ready to tuck in and be done with the week from heck knows where.

It started with all the usual business after I got home from Toronto last weekend. Wednesday it was up to London at quarter to seven in the morning for a meeting with our CEO. Then from there it was up the highway to Toronto for media training. That was interesting. Missed out on all the Halloween stuff I love. Thursday it was the train ride from hell with the seatmate from Fidgetyville and I swear to pumpkin I was ready to break the emergency window and toss her out. I got home, emptied my bag and packed my car for this weekend. I was back in London this weekend to celebrate my sister's 30th (eek, when did we all get so old?) and also crop all day yesterday.

The cool part was that I was recognized as a "Luxe girl" at the crop by someone who runs a store in Dorchester. Talked with her a bit, showed off the new "Colour Me" line and then put together 30 two page spreads for three albums I'm making for a coworker.

Got home a few hours ago, unpacked and am now about to (as mentioned) toddle off to bed. Sleeping never felt so good.

Although I have to say that the best part of this weekend was this morning at brunch when my brother and sister decided they wanted to join us for our Black Friday shopping spree in Port Huron. Gotta love the mob mentality when it comes to ill advised shopping excursions. Speaking of ill advised, don't eat Chocolate Cheesecake at 1 a.m. when you're ready to go to bed.

No comments: