Sunday, November 18, 2007

You have got to be kidding me

I went and bought my digital camera this weekend. Now this has been quite the shopping endeavour. I have spent the last few months watching and researching this thing. Future Shop had a deal on weeks ago but then it was one of those "while quantities last" kind of thing. Turns out, they only had four per store. So I missed out.

Finally, Best Buy had it on. I went to Future Shop to take advantage of their "Get it for less guaranteed" program where it states that they will beat a competitors price by 10%. Nothing in there about what it is, how it's advertised etc.

So I did this. I wanted to go to Future Shop because I had a $100 gift card to be used. Turns out, their little policy is totally bogus. It only applies to the item that is exactly like what they have there. Meaning, they have to offer the bundle there as well. They matched the price, but didn't give me the 10% off because they don't sell the camera and zoom lens as a bundle (which was what I had). But because they offer the camera at the same price, it's considered within 10% so they don't give you the deal.

Maybe they should make that clear in their policy hmm?

Now I'm trying to decide if I want to take it back over $70 or if I want to just suck it up and forget about it.

No comments: