Thursday, October 05, 2006

Kindness

You know, I have these weeks where I can just get really crabby. I guess it's a hazard of being a Crab myself but it happens to the best of us from time to time and all you can do is get through it. And when things swirling around in the drain of life start to build up, it tends to make it worse. Then there are bright shining moments that just make you want to smile and think that the world is being set right again and nothing can bring you down again.

Case in point, this week. Last week was so busy. And I think to a point, myself and people around me tend to be taken for granted. But it happens and you deal with it (being an adult dictates it) and you move on. Then this week started out really dark and rainy and just depressing outside. So you can imagine how easy it was to just slip into that mood where you just want to sting anyone who comes along.

And then the sun.

I was in line in Tim Hortons the other day getting a tea when a car pulled up from the opposite side of the drive through line. I waved her in. Figured it was the least I could do since the line up was huge and she was coming in from the wrong angle. Well, she decided to do something nice for me and paid for my tea. Which made the dreary morning a little better.

Then today, I am going through my junk mail and there's an email from a former co-worker of mine that I had just been thinking about today. Like literally right before I opened my inbox. She thought she'd drop me a line to see how I'm doing and asked me to get together with her for lunch next time I'm in town. It was really nice and made me feel better.

And this weekend I'm heading to London to spend the holiday with my sister and the kids (and my brother in law too, can't leave him out) and we've planned to go apple picking (didn't get there last weekend what with all the rain causing huge mud puddles outside) and somewhere with some fall colours to take some photos.

It's moments like these that make me feel better about being so grouchy when the rain comes down.

No comments: