Monday, October 23, 2006

Geeked

My sister came down this weekend to visit with the kids and I just have to say, we had some serious fun.

I decided that we needed to go to Great Lakes Crossing outlet mall. My aunt came with us. And while I normally like to shop and try on clothes with my nieces and buy stuff...I can safely say that the shopping is out of my system for a while. We were in that mall for about 9 hours. NINE HOURS PEOPLE. I was ready for a tantrum by the time we were done. In fact, I think I actually had one while I was pushing the stroller with two kids in it, searching for the bracelet my niece had dropped. I believe I may have actually stomped my feet and teared up a little. I blame Marshall's though. Stupid sales that entice people in there for hours at a time.

My nieces were hilarious though. We took them to the Rainforest Cafe and my youngest niece was so enthralled with it all. She came back from the ladies room and said to her big sister (please use your imagination with the expressive hand gestures during this conversation) "did I. MISS. THE. THUNDERSTORMS?" Too cute. And every time they came out of the kitchen with one of those volcano desserts (three brownies, ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and the best part--the sparkler at the top) her eyes got as big as saucers. So we had to get one of course. I thought she was going to burst out of her skin she was so excited.

I love it when they talk to each other though. It's pure comedy. The two of them. Priceless. Or when my youngest niece invokes the supermodel clause while trying on clothes. She struts so well she could put Heidi Klum to shame.

I'm still trying to decide who misses who more. The dog missing them, or them missing the dog. Guess I'm second fiddle AGAIN! Sheesh. I thought we solved this problem when the cat stopped living here. "What was your favourite part about your visit to Windsor?" "Seeing Benny". "What about shopping, and your treats your aunt bought you, and your gifts, and eating at the Rainforest Cafe?" "Ya, that was ok, but Benny was the best part".

Believe it or not, the Energizer Bunny herself was going strong in KMart until well after ten. Stubbornly telling me she had been there before and was fully capable of standing outside in the store alone while I was in the ladies room. Uh no, not going to happen dearest. At one point, I looked at her and her eyes were so red I thought she had been sprayed with mace or something. I think shopping until all hours of the night might be a form of child abuse. But she wasn't complaining. She actually slept for about a half hour in the car and THEN WOKE UP AT HOME AND WAS RIP ROARING TO PLAY AGAIN. Sigh...to have that kind of energy...

One of the stops we missed was the scrapbook store. I wanted my sister to see this place. It's called The Scrapbook Zone and it's awesome. I'm totally geeked out when I go there. I am actually overwhelmed. Which is surprising. And very telling. I ended up going over on my own on Sunday after they left because I needed to pick up my 7 Gypsies stamps--which I'm totally in love with by the way, for the scrapping crew. My sister and I had gone to work on Friday night making cards. It was so much fun. I put a few samples together for my aunt to take in to work. I'm not normally a big fan of my own work, thinking it's only good enough for me, but she thinks people might want to buy them, so I have to do a few more samples so she can take them in for buyers. Which would be pretty cool. I also finished this cute little album that I'm making for her. I love the way it has turned out. No worries, pictures to come.

I also had to get some leg warmers for my Halloween Costume. I'm hitting this party my friend is throwing this weekend and I wanted to get a costume. I picked up a punk wig and some fishnets and black nail polish at KMart while I was there. I wanted to get some leg warmers but couldn't find anything. I gave up thinking they don't carry them anymore and lo and behold, there they were in the Target flyer. Too bad I couldn't remember how to get to Target from where I was on Sunday. Guess I'll just have to make due with what I think a punk looks like.

Best part of the weekend though? Driving past Comerica Park and seeing the lights of the game. I bet it was even more exciting for my uncle and my cousin who were actually there!

No comments: