Friday, December 05, 2008

Busy

I always find that December just kind of slips by you and suddenly it's Christmas and we're into a new year! This is true for this year yet again. Lots of stuff on the go. Lots of adventures. Lots of time spent doing things that normally result in me getting sick after Christmas.

I've been at my sister's for a few days taking care of the kids. And by kids I mean my two nieces and their new puppy. My brother in law surprised my sister with a trip to Vegas for four days to celebrate her 40th birthday and their 15th wedding anniversary. However, they went and got a puppy the week before so I am left to deal with him. And let me tell you, I love my cat even more after this week.

Don't get me wrong, he is abso-freaking-lutely adorable and I just love him, but getting up in the middle of the night to let him out to pee sucks ass. And he whines. And he pees on the carpet. And he needs lots of exercise. And I have plans tomorrow to write an exam and take the girls to the movies but I have to get up, get him organized, get him to my mom's (with the girls) and then go write my exam. Thankfully he had re-discovered his raw hide bone this evening and is entertaining himself with that.

Which brings me to the exam...sigh...what can I say...I hate writing exams. I really wish this could have been one of those "write an essay on this" kind of finals. Rather than a "you have three hours to write two essay, several short answer questions and several multiple choice questions". Oh and by the way...what should we study? Oh everything. Now, considering this course is on government you would think that I would be ok with it, nope, because it's not just on government it's on theories of government. Theories of organizational behaviour. History of how policies came to be. Descriptions of a bunch of old dudes who had ideas about stuff. Big fun I tell you.

Added to that, I am stressing about my mark. And I've resorted to that thing where you sit and torture yourself by saying "ok if I get this mark on the exam I'll end up with this mark in the class" and to make it even worse (like it could get worse...) I haven't gotten the mark back on my last paper. So I'm sitting here doing all these equations...if I got this mark on the paper and then this mark on the exam then I end up with this mark overall. A mark I can live with, but still, it's stressful.

Thankfully I only have four more weeks until the next session starts. I'm starting to seriously reconsider why I decided to do this...but then I remember I did it so I could actually open up the possibility of a job outside of communications. Maybe I need to revisit the "Lesley + Sugar Daddy = no worries" equation.

We'll see how that pans out. For now, back to memorizing old dudes' theories on management.

1 comment:

Mary said...

good luck! I always found if I promise myself something I want, that helps me get thru a class. Like, Ok, take this final, make an A which gives me an A in class, buy that new purse that I want. Stuff like that totally keeps me going. and again, GOOD LUCK - you know all the material so you'll do fine.

and the dog? Yikes. We've thought about getting one but that's exactly why we haven't yet. I prefer sleeping 8+ hours uninterrupted!! :D