Sunday, September 21, 2008

Change is good



This is what happens when you finally get fed up. This is what happens when you reach the point where you just want to do something to make yourself feel better. This is what happens when you say to your hairdresser "cut it, I don't care". (This is also what happens when you have such a good hairdresser that you can trust them when you say that). This is what happens at the end of a week that started with a full moon.

I could go into details about what made this week suck so much. I could sit and go through every little detail. But that would be pointless. Suffice to say that every little thing contributed to feeling like I was ready to explode. God bless my sister who put up with my venting about everything including a dent in my car door, my tea spilling, and the loss of a prime parking spot this week. Yes, it really was that bad.

When I break, I do so under immense weight of every little thing. And this summer has been full of them. The poor IT help desk person who had to read my email on Friday basically telling them how useless they are (and really, it was deserved since I had to go through several layers of bureaucracy just to have someone removed from an email distribution list). It was one of those weeks where everyone needed to take a step back and see the bigger picture.

Which resulted in me finally saying enough is enough with my hair and going in and cutting it all off. I wanted to grow it out a bit, see what it looked like, see if it would be fun to have long glorious hair. But in the end, it only resulted in pony tails, buns on top of the head, and tangles. My hair dresser was so happy when I showed him the photo I liked and said "cut it off, cut it all off, I trust you, make it look good". I think he was happier than I was when it was done!

Change is good. Change works. Change makes you feel better.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Change is wonderful! True story! You look great.