Sunday, April 20, 2008

Semi-Productive

I went to my friend's baby shower yesterday. I'm so excited for her. She's my coworker and we've known each other for a little over two years and when you've been in the trenches like we have, you become "brothers" if you will. I'm kind of sad she'll be leaving us on mat leave, but again, so excited for her.

The shower meant lots of work. I made the cake and it was the second "special occasion" cake that I've made since I started taking these courses. It was pretty cool. She's not one of those fru fru baby people so I found this cute cake topper from Wilton that is a pregnant super hero. Totally her. So I made a two tier yellow and blue cake with pink stars. Turned out too cute. But these cakes man, they're so time consuming! I baked until about 9:30 on Thursday night and then put the whole thing together on Friday night.



I'm working on the idea for a cake my sister wants me to make for their friends new baby at the end of the month of May. I'm thinking another tiered cake with morning glories (which are too cool and that we learned how to make) and butterflies made out of sugar paste. We'll see how that whole idea pans out.

Today it's pull out the summer clothes, put away the winter clothes, vacuum a few carpets and finish off my last entry for the Luxe Design Team entry. I'm kind of scared about it. I really want to be on the design team but I know there are many more people who are much more creative than I am. Added to that, I'm struggling with a bit of "idea vs. execution" drama. I have this idea in my head but when I actually put it out there, it doesn't look quite as good as I thought it would. We'll see though. I may just be a little overly critical of myself.

3 comments:

Mary said...

wow - that looks awesome!! nice job!!

Anonymous said...

That's an excellent cake! Go you!! You've inspired me to try something new as well!

Anonymous said...

way to go Les! I LOVE it! nrk