Monday, August 27, 2007

Changing Direction

I hate vacation weeks because they always seem to go by so fast. I still have three days off and really, going back to work on Thursday and Friday will be good for one very important reason and then it's a four day week next week so I shouldn't complain but....I hate when vacations come to an end.

I also know that this one is going to be hard to leave because it means leaving my nieces after a whole week together. I'm pretty impressed at what we accomplished though. My goal was to come up and help them get organized. My sister and the hubby did the laundry room (which entailed painting, installing several shoe cabinets from Ikea, a bench in the closet and hooks throughout the room for things like backpacks, bathing suits, coats etc.) and I tackled the kids rooms and the basement. I managed to get it all done last night by 8 p.m. It wasn't easy. We tackled the oldest ones closet on Monday and the younger ones room on Tuesday. Neither one of them was interested in trying on clothes and while some clothes say a certain size, they were either bigger or smaller depending on the item. Several meltdowns ensued. And not just by me.

But now they're looking at a completely organized house. I also managed to get the basement carpets and stairs vacuumed. (Unfinished basement, gets really dusty). I also put most of the old photos from my moms into boxes and organized my sisters scrap booking stuff. I feel like I've climbed a mountain.

We also squeezed in a trip to Birch Run Michigan for some new shoes for the kids. Picked up a pair of new shoes for myself and a new outfit for the fall. I'm off to Cedar Point for three days now with my cousin (aka: the other big sister) and her two boys and two of their friends. I'm pretty stoked about another three days away. Should be fun.

I figure I'll sleep this weekend....HA!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I should have taken you up on that offer to come get me organized, eh? Nah... I'm saving it for when I move - you can take a few days and come play in the NEW abode!