Saturday, May 19, 2007

Laundry List

I am amazed at how time flies. I can't believe it's almost the end of May already. It seems like it was just winter. Or maybe that's because we had frost this week. The hell? And it's also hard to believe it's been a year since my little minor bit of hell in my life and while the last year hasn't been perfect, it's nice to look back and see where things went wrong, where I was able to change things and where I've been able to cope when I couldn't change things.

I'm still working on the albums, probably going to go back to them later on. Needed to get some laundry done and some cleaning done first. NO worries, will post photos when I'm done.

I discovered a cute little scrapbook store here in town the other day by accident. I happened to take Dougall to work instead of E.C. Row and as I was driving, saw a big sign for Scrap Therapy. I stopped in on my way home from work and ended up talking to the ladies who run the store. They had opened the store in January and they carry all the stuff I love. We talked about the other stores in town and what I thought they were missing. They agreed. Nice to know they scrap like me. They urged me to come out to one of their all day crops at the store when they have them once a month. It was really nice to get to know two people who have the same interests as me and who also wanted me to join them. I guess this is what making friends is like ;) I also found out from them that they're putting in a new Archivers store in Detroit this summer. Can't WAIT for that!

I scheduled a girlie day for my aunt and I to celebrate her birthday. We went to this nice salon called Ellie Habib. I was a little wary. After all, I'm a little particular about how my hair is done and also how my skin is taken care of. My aunt was VERY satisfied with her facial, was raving about it after she had it done and my hair turned out fabulous. I don't know what it is but sometimes having a man cut your hair is great. Some men just know how to do it! And he did this cool colour thing with it with different coloured chunks and I am just in love with my hair. Not that I want to sound like a big geek or anything, but I'm loving it.

I also finished this awesome book I can't believe I didn't read the moment I bought it. It's been a struggle for me to find something I actually can sit through. I've got two on the go right now: The Heart is a Lonely Hunter (Carson McMullen) and One Hundred Years of Solitude (Gabriel Garcia Marquez) which I am having trouble sticking with. While I like the stories in both, I just can't put my finger on why I'm just not getting really wrapped up in them. This week I started The Memory Keepers Daughter (Kim Edwards) and just couldn't put it down. I would actually come home from work and sit and read it rather than do anything else. I loved it. But I can't seem to do that with these two. We'll see what happens though, now that I'm in the mood for a good read, maybe this time they might stick.

So now it's going to be a nice long weekend, just hanging out here at home and doing whatever. I'm looking forward to having two days to just sleep in and enjoy the days. Hopefully the rain and the cold go away and we get some nice weather. I'm not holding my breath though, many a long May 2-4 weekend we've had with snow (the year we put Lizzie's swing set up) or frost (this year) or freezing weather (uh frozen fire buckets at girl guide camp 20 years ago!). My uncle is out putting a fence up in the drizzle. Ick.

No comments: