Monday, March 19, 2007

I need a vacation

My sister says to me yesterday: "you always get so quiet on Sunday's before you go home". She thinks it's because I'm sad, well that might be a little true, but it's mainly because I'm always so exhausted. I can't wait to get home to my bed!

The two hour drive always takes a lot out of me. I think it has more to do with the sheer volume of transport trucks on the road and the stress I feel in my little pop can of a car. We ended up staying up talking on Thursday night and my youngest niece decided she missed me so much she wanted to sleep in my bed with me. What is with little kids that they don't sleep in one position? I ended up with a foot in my neck for most of the night and a crick in my back as a result.

Friday I spent with them and then that night my sister and I stayed up to stamp. Saturday it was back up bright and early to see the esthetician (yes she's that good that I have to go to Aylmer to see her) and the Sugar Bush and my cousin's and then we stayed up watching a movie and stamping some more. Sunday it was lunch with my brother and then skating in the afternoon. I am telling you, I did all that in three short days!

My sister made me laugh when she said we do the same thing every year when we were leaving the Sugar Bush. And my attitude is, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. What's not to love about going and getting to eat sugar on a stick? I ended up buying some maple butter that was so delicious and we decided instead of staying there for pancakes and sausages (oink oink) we went home and had them there instead. I think there's a Mastercard commercial in there somewhere....horse drawn trolley tour of sugar bush $3, large jug of pure maple syrup $26, enjoying a spring tradition priceless.

Who knows. All's I know is, I need a nap.

No comments: